Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
SENIOR MANAGER, CLINICAL SCIENTIST
We’re looking for a Clinical Scientist Senior Manager to join the Clinical Development team and report to the Vice President of Development.
This is a newly created position due to growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the clinical study protocol development process by translating the strategy and approved concept into executable, efficient clinical protocols and related documents.
- In collaboration with internal/external experts on biostatistics, clinical pharmacology, translational medicine, clinical operations, and data management, contributes to the development of the plan to execute on trial design, including CRF design, data review plan, statistical analysis plan review, and finalization.
- Collaborate within Development on the review, analysis, and interpretation of study results and assures appropriate data review and accurate data reporting.
- Identify study issues and program issues by reviewing and monitoring of emerging clinical data related to safety, efficacy, and PK/PD. Develops sound, strategic solutions to issues and collaborates with the clinical study team to ensure issue resolution. Conduct literature reviews as needed for the interpretation of study data and development of next steps.
- Works closely with the medical monitor to assure he/she is informed of pertinent study information, including but not limited to safety and efficacy data.
- Support the development of program documents, including the clinical sections of various regulatory documents such as IND, clinical study reports, investigator brochures, annual reports and updates, and clinical sections of regulatory submissions to support product approvals.
- Translational medicine: Support the implementation of target/pathway engagement assays for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules; support stratification biomarkers.
- In conjunction with the VP Development/CMO, develop presentations and communicates study data results to colleagues internally and to external audiences, including investigators at sponsor meetings or general audiences at scientific conferences.
- Maintain current knowledge of the external environment to ensure scientific innovations are considered and/or incorporated into clinical trial development strategy.
- Serve as clinical science representative on cross-function teams as assigned.
- Candidates should have an advanced clinical or science degree (eg. RN, MA, PharmD, NP, Ph.D.).
- Must have a minimum of MA + 5 years of clinical, technical/operational experience in planning, executing, reporting, and publishing clinical studies within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to review and summarize study data, including experience in preparing and presenting data.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process from pre-IND through registration and post-registration required.
- Broad understanding of functional areas of drug development, including preclinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, drug supply, data sciences (data management, biostatistics, programming), and clinical operations (including site selection, study start-up, study conduct, and finalization).
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate clinical information including literature reviews, competitive intelligence, and changing treatment paradigms in order to apply knowledge to support a robust clinical development strategy.
- Understanding of trial design and statistics in order to apply knowledge to the design of clinical protocols.
- Successful track record for the ability to interpret, analyze, and present clinical data, including aggregate data analyses, in order to inform decision-making and set clinical strategy.
- Hands-on experience performing systematic literature search, summarizing the search results and presenting the conclusions to wide spectrum of audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Strong organization, documentation and communication skills with an ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Detailed knowledge of GCP, ICH Guidelines and current US FDA regulations.
- Ability to travel up to approximately 30% of time.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com