Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact through precision medicine? By joining Kura, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we hold precision medicine to a high standard, applying cutting-edge science to create a more personalized approach in the treatment of cancer. We’ve changed the paradigm and improved the science of cancer treatment. We strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop therapies and solutions that are as unique as all of us.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, relentless execution, and a patient-focused mindset, Kura is planning to grow another 25% this year. To that end, we’re looking for our next innovator to join and help make our vision a reality. To take smart risks in pursuing novel areas of drug research and development and have fun along the way.
To succeed at Kura, you need to have a demonstrated reputation for putting the patient first and foremost, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage Payroll Accountant and Accounts Payable Accountant and oversee these processes.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close process and ensure the close process is performed in a timely, accurate, and auditable manner.
- Responsible for close activities including reviewing or preparing journal entries and reconciliations for various transactions and accounts including but not limited to payroll, accrued R&D contracts, accrued clinical trial expenses, operating and investment accounts.
- Review semi-monthly payroll and corresponding journal entries and reconciliations.
- Review annual reports for payroll and A/P including W-2s, D&O compensation, and 1099s.
- Collaborate with contract/project owners to gain an understanding of contracts and work orders to ensure proper accounting.
- Perform monthly variance analyses for trended operating expenses and other comparative analyses as required.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SOX and company policies and procedures.
- Participate and support the design, implementation and maintenance of Sarbanes/Oxley internal control requirements.
- Support financial statement audit including responding to requests and inquiries from external auditors.
- Prepare and file business property tax filings.
- Proactively recognize, investigate and act to resolve discrepancies; utilize critical thinking to ensure accurate data and quality processing.
- Perform other duties, as assigned or required.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, plus a minimum of seven years of accounting experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing accounting staff.
- Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the broader picture and priorities.
- Must be a dedicated self-starter with a high energy level and able to achieve results.
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills-the ability to influence and work successfully with colleagues.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous benefits package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology was founded in 2014 and has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor currently being evaluated in patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. KO-539 is an oral investigational drug candidate we are developing for the treatment of genetically defined AML patients with high unmet needs, currently in a Phase 1/2A clinical trial. KO-539 blocks the interaction of two proteins called menin and MLL that, together, are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation of certain kinds of leukemia cells.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com