Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset, and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
Senior Director/ Executive Director, Global Program Leader
We’re looking for a Senior Director or Executive Director of Global Program Leadership to join our team. This position will report to the Vice President, Global Head of Program Leadership and Project Management. This is a newly created position due to growth within the organization. A Global Program Leader partners with the Global Project Manager to define the strategic direction for the asset and plays a key role, driving execution of asset goals, and ensuring alignment and integration among Global Program Team and Extended Teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the Global Program Team: an empowered multi-disciplinary team of leaders
- Develop strategic objectives and recommendations for an asset across all indications and geographies from discovery through lifecycle management
- Accountable – the single point of accountability for all Global Program Team activities
- Define the membership of the core team
- Focus on full cross-functional business
- Partner with Global Project Manager, Global Clinical Leader, Global Clinical Operations Leader, Sub Team Leaders, and Senior Leadership Team
- Advanced Degree (MBA, MS, PharmD, Ph.D.) preferred, BS Degree required
- 12+ years drug development experience working within a similar position
- 8+ years oncology experience (strongly preferred)
- Global, cross-functional team leadership, including strategy development and driving tactical delivery of programs
- Strategy, Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Talent Development, Alliance Management, Health Authority Submissions expertise
- Trust, transparency, and clear communication
- Inspirational Leadership: Create an inspiring, high-performing team environment and empower the sub-teams of the Global Program Team to accomplish goals
- Strategic Vision: Multidimensional strategic lens for asset strategy, competitive environment, and company strategy
- Strong Analytical Credibility: Ability to understand and communicate complex scientific and commercial matters while keeping the big picture in mind and the credibility to engage subject matter experts on details
- Execution: Demonstrate ownership to consistently drive the delivery of team goals fostering accountability while remaining focused on the big picture asset strategy
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to consider different points of view, new ideas, etc.; demonstrates self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Stakeholder Relationships: Thorough understanding of company-specific matrix organization, functional impact, and regional representation to proactively build the relationships needed to be successful across functions, departments, and regions
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com