Description: Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Kura Oncology was founded in 2014 and has offices in La Jolla, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Senior Contracts and Vendor Manager
Works independently to coordinate and manage the portfolio of contracts within Clinical Operations in accordance with Company requirements. Will support and assist the Director of Vendor Management and Business Operations in continuous process improvement and implementation of best practices, systems and controls to effectively manage contract and vendor administration. Serves as communication liaison between Vendor, CRO and site contracts staff and internal and external customers. Provides subject matter expertise and functional guidance and keeps internal and external teams aware of contract status or pending issues. Establishes strong working relationships with sites, internal project team, internal departments, Vendors and CROs. Provides fiscal management of services agreements and drives the review, analysis and approval process for site, CRO and Vendor invoices to ensure alignment with contractual agreements. Performs all aspects of the contract management and administration function.
- Process and track portfolio of contracts through lifecycle from request through execution
- Participate in vendor selection, RFP development and vendor management
- Facilitates and assists with negotiation and preparation of contracts, including confidentiality agreements, vendor agreements, clinical trial agreements and site budgets, and related purchase requisitions, purchase order and work order documents for participation in Company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Reviews contracts for completeness and accuracy and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
- Facilitates and supports contract management tasks with internal and external legal, finance, and clinical operations departments, including communicating and explaining legal and budgetary issues
- Proposes alternative contract and/or budget terms acceptable to the Company when site and Company terms and conditions differ
- Anticipates risk/benefit issues, assists with remedial action plans, and troubleshoots to resolve any concerns.
- Works with Contract and/or Budget Managers or other site staff to perform active project management of ongoing contract and budget issues; performs follow-up on all outstanding contract and budget issues.
- Assists in generating amended documents as necessary and preparing contract management documentation for projects.
- Streamlining the contract/proposal or internal processes by working with different functions to determine an effective and efficient workflow; initiates and introduces creative ideas and solutions.
- Creates and maintains document status reports and updates department and project team members on a regular basis; ensures appropriate documentation is maintained for all exceptions.
- Facilitates the execution of contracts by company signatories.
- Serves as communication liaison between site contracts staff and internal and external customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external teams aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned, including support to other start-up functions as required at a country level. Minimal travel may be required (up to 10%).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical research, contracts, budgets or related experience that includes working in a team-oriented environment
- Possesses a working knowledge of the regulatory and business risk in clinical contracts and budgets
- Possesses demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills as well as flexibility, collaboration skills and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership, think strategically and take initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to critically read documents and interpret/draw conclusion from the documents
- Must have attention to detail and strong negotiation, project management, communication, organizational, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to run effective meetings and actively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
Location: San Diego, CA or Cambridge, MA. May be remote with periodic in-house meetings.
Job: Senior Contracts and Vendor Manager
Travel: Yes, up to 10% of the Time
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org