Description: Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Kura Oncology was founded in 2014 and has offices in La Jolla, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Senior Administrative Assistant – San Diego, CA
As a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will be empowered to support key executives and be a part of the Kura Oncology administrative team. This position will report to the Executive Assistant.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, presentations and emails. Reviews documents and proofreads work for grammar and spelling, accuracy, consistency of terms, and completeness; ensures document text and graphics adhere to corporate and organization guidelines and standards.
- Manage daily calendars for multiple executives and related department members; scheduling meetings and prioritizing schedules based on flexibility and last-minute adjustments.
- Answer phones, screen and document incoming calls, and redirect requests to optimize the executive(s) time.
- Arranges complex travel, both domestic and international for the executive(s) and team. Creates expense reports in a timely manner, while adhering to Kura travel and expense policies.
- Uses appropriate tools for required work including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point to track, document and report data.
- Supports conference attendance preparation, including coordination of registrations, speaking arrangements and travel arrangements.
- Assists with all aspects of meeting management including reserving conference rooms, catering, audio/video and other essential services as needed.
- Supports the Executive Assistant in driving key team activities and events (such as all-hands meeting, team meetings, and social events).
- Works with HR, Finance, Legal and other groups on reporting and reconciliation including: budgeting, purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Prepares documentation for payment of vendors, consultants, and suppliers; after review by direct supervisor, submits documentation and enters requests for payments into accounting system. Performs corporate card reconciliation as directed.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal customers; directs people to the appropriate resources.
- Participates in maintenance of improvement processes; implements changes to improvement processes for direct responsibilities.
- Provides back-up support to the administrative team members including front desk coverage as needed.
- Builds strong relationships throughout the company to support and facilitate the collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates tact and confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- High school diploma/GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Prior experience working in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment is a plus. Prior experience providing administrative support for an executive is preferred.
- Strong PC literacy with intermediate skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Experience with Concur, Docusign and WebEx preferred.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize projects and workload, and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and be a self-starter who possesses a strong attention to detail and the ability to apply lessons-learned from previous events/experiences.
- Strong desire to work as a collaborative member of the larger administrative team.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org