ABOUT KURA ONCOLOGY
Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
We’re looking for a team oriented Senior A/P Specialist to join the finance team. This position will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager.
A successful candidate in this role will be the primary accounts payable specialist for the company and will perform full cycle accounts payable, including A/P account reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for processing vendor invoices daily, including verification of expense coding, obtaining approvals, and running system connectors, and utilize critical thinking to ensure accurate entry and timely payments in an efficient manner.
- Proactively recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies and pending payment issues with urgency, and maintain excellent communication with external and internal clients on all PO issues to prevent supply or service constraints.
- Process A/P payments via ACH, Wire or Check and associated positive pay. Ensure payments are recorded and reconciled between bank, accounting, and invoice system weekly.
- Prepare and analyze the Accounts Payable Aging reports and review weekly with Accounting Manager and present monthly to the Finance team.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external parties verbally and in written form. Interact with department heads throughout the Company, other members of the accounting department and vendors. Proactively document and take initiative and action to resolve issues that arise.
- Process and review travel and expense reports to ensure compliance with T&E Policy
- Perform month-end close duties including variance analysis and timely close of accounts payable system, including foreign exchange revaluation, invoice and payment reconciliations, and reconciliation of accounts payable subledger to general ledger.
- Responsible for the consistent application of relevant GAAP and SOX controls, and company policies and procedures.
- Support financial reviews and audits, including gathering documentation, information and prepare schedules as needed.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned, to support Finance department.
- High school diploma and 3+ years of accounting experience
- Highly proficient and comfortable with the use of MS Excel as an accounting/data analysis tool
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word
- Experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Possess an understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete competing and complex priorities in a timely manner, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Highly effective communications skills – written and verbal
- Strong ability to work, learn, adapt to changing processes and workflows in a growing department/company
- Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently
- Possess core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, and innovation
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.