Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
We’re looking for a Research Associate to join our growing team. This is a newly created position due to company growth.
The Research Associate will support scientists with day-to-day management of laboratory and experiments involving cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry techniques. Training and mentoring will be provided for the skills and knowledge involved. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are motivated, eager to learn, and adapt quickly to changing needs in the lab.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Order and stock lab supplies
- Routine laboratory inventory
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- Managing relationships with vendors
- Tracking lead-time of orders,
- Day-to-day laboratory maintenance and organization (i.e. equipment maintenance defrost freezers, organize laboratory storage space)
- Cell culture work (cell line maintenance using sterile technique, cell banking, drug dosing, and cell viability experiments, cell transduction, and stable cell line generation).
- Biochemistry experiments (signaling assays such as western blot from cells and tumor samples, ELISA, qPCR).
- Assist with other experiments as needed.
- BA or BS degree in biology
- Knowledge of molecular biology and cell culture (preferred)
- Organized, diligent, self-motivated, able to multitask, and excellent record-keeping
- At least 6 months lab experience in academic or industrial settings (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand the broader picture and priorities.
- Must be a dedicated self-starter with a high energy level and able to achieve results.
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills-the ability to influence and work successfully with colleagues, customers, and corporate partners.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com