||Medical Science Liaison
||December 11, 2019
||Full time Employee
||Director, Medical Affairs
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based scientific and clinical expert who strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives of Kura Oncology’s development programs. The MSL is responsible for identifying, developing and managing peer-to-peer relationships with a variety of healthcare professionals including oncologists, hematologists, pathologists, as well as basic scientists, in academic and community practices.
He/she will be accountable to engage in high quality communications regarding the science and clinical applications of our precision medicine portfolio to variety of external stakeholders, as well as obtain important insights about current practice, treatment landscapes, and emerging clinical and scientific data. In addition, the MSL is expected to build strong cross-functional relationships, as well as provide meaningful subject-matter experts, to other colleagues in Kura Oncology, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
He/she will report to the Director, Medical Affairs.
- Establish and maintain scientific relationships with national, regional, and local opinion leaders in addition to other healthcare providers
- Respond to unsolicited requests and engage in meaningful, peer-to-peer scientific exchange of complex medical and scientific information with the oncology, hematology, pathology, and pediatric community
- Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the designated therapeutic area by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending relevant conferences
- Provide educational meeting support at scientific congresses
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Deliver approved medical/scientific presentations to internal & external stakeholders
- Facilitation of investigator-initiated trials (ISTs)
- Collaborate with clinical development to enhance patient enrollment in Kura sponsored clinical trials with site recommendations and maintaining contact with investigators participating in our ongoing trials
- Lead the planning and execution of subject matter expert meetings/advisory boards
- Collaborate with cross functional partners on internal projects and external initiatives
- Support medical/scientific training of cross functional teams
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- PharmD, PhD, or MD preferred, Advanced degree nurses, NPs, PAs, or those with a master’s degree in life sciences with clinical research experience may also apply
- 5+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs
- Oncology /Hematology experience
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate findings to meet educational and research needs
- Able to ensure compliance with corporate rules and government regulations
- Extensive travel is required as part of this position (60%)
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer/lab equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org