||Project Manager, Clinical Development
||October 28, 2019
||Full time Employee
||VP, Clinical Development
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish strong partnership with the Development Team Leader to shape the overall strategy, goal setting & successful execution assigned program(s)
- Leads the operational activities of cross functional development teams and deliverables in a matrix organization in order to execute the development strategy for the assigned program(s).
- Drives the program(s) evolution through completion within timeline, quality and budgetary constraints.
- Develops and maintains an integrated program plan to identify and track key program milestones, deliverables and ensures alignment across functional areas.
- Facilitate Development Team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of program objectives
- Provide guidance to teams and line function members in negotiating challenges and driving to key decisions and milestones for programs
- Develop & deliver impactful presentations that effectively distill complex issues to the critical points, and lead to increased understanding and optimized strategic planning & decision-making
- Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks, and work with impacted teams and function leadership to develop and implement mitigation plans
- Supports and oversees the standardization of processes and communication in order to build efficiencies within the department and across development teams. Proactively seek out opportunities for organizational improvement (e.g. team structure, processes, communication, etc.)
- Master’s degree or MBA or other advanced degree
- PMP or a Project Management certification
- Previous experience with regulatory filings (INDs, NDAs, etc.) with various health authorities (FDA, EMA, etc.)
- Experience with alliance management and/or external collaboration management
- Familiarity with oncology and companion diagnostic development is ideal
- 8+ years overall experience in drug development with at least 3 years of program management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment
- Highly effective communications skills – written and verbal
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and working knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project, Office Timeline, One Pager, etc.
- Fluent in English
- May travel between US offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 25% travel is required.
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer/lab equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org