||Project Manager, Clinical Development
||October 28, 2019
||Full time Employee
||VP, Portfolio Strategy and Program Management
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish strong partnership with the Development Team Leader to shape the overall strategy, goal setting & successful execution assigned program(s).
- Lead the operational activities of cross functional development teams and deliverables in a matrix organization in order to execute the development strategy for the assigned program(s).
- Drives the program(s) evolution through completion within timeline, quality and budgetary constraints.
- Develops and maintains an integrated program plan to identify and track key program milestones, deliverables and ensures alignment across functional areas.
- Facilitate Development Team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of program objectives.
- Provide guidance to teams and line function members in negotiating challenges and driving to key decisions and milestones for programs.
- Develop & deliver impactful presentations that effectively distill complex issues to the critical points, and lead to increased understanding and optimized strategic planning & decision-making.
- Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks, and work with impacted teams and function leadership to develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Supports and oversees the standardization of processes and communication in order to build efficiencies within the department and across development teams.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for organizational improvement (e.g. team structure, processes, communication, etc.).
- PMP or a Project Management certification
- Previous experience with regulatory filings (INDs, NDAs, etc.) with various health authorities (FDA, EMA, etc.)
- Experience with alliance management and/or external collaboration management
- Familiarity with oncology, CMC and companion diagnostic development is ideal
- Master’s degree or MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years overall experience in drug development with at least 3 years of program management experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and negotiate conflict situations.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, often stressful environment.
- Highly effective communications skills – written and verbal.
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, telephone and video conferencing, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and working knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project, Office Timeline, One Pager, etc.
- Fluent in English.
- May travel between US offices and other meeting locations internationally.
- Approximately 25% travel is required.
While performing the duties the employee is:
- Constantly required to sit, and to reach to use computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally stand for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours/time.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges.
- Frequently required to communicate with others.
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer/lab equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com