ABOUT KURA ONCOLOGY
Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
PRINCIPAL MEDICAL WRITER
The principal medical writer serves as subject matter expert on clinical protocols, protocol amendments, clinical study reports, Investigator’s Brochures, and briefing books. The principal medical writer may also provide guidance on document strategy for more complex dossiers for regulatory submission such as IND and NDA/BLA filings. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. The qualified candidate will also have experience in management of external vendors and the development of operational process improvements such as work practice documents, SOP development and updates, and document templates. There will need to be a very strong understanding of document timelines as planning is critical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as subject matter expert in preparing clinical regulatory documents through all phases clinical research.
- Represent medical writing in cross-functional team meetings.
- Collaborate with department heads and staff members of cross-functional groups, including clinical research, clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, regulatory affairs, and medical affairs as necessary to deliver documents with high quality on time.
- Adhere to established regulatory standards, including ICH-E3 guidelines and company SOPs.
- Support the development, improvement and maintenance of medical writing work practice documents, SOPs, and document templates to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Oversight of vendors including contract writers, QC reviewers, and document formatters.
- Must have proficiency in the use of EndNote or RightFind Cite It software for the citation of literature references and creation of list of references in Word documents.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best practices for medical writing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s, Masters or PhD Degree in scientific, medical, clinical discipline or related field is required. Masters or Phd degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience as a medical writer in a pharmaceutical, biotech, or CRO environment. Oncology experience preferred.
- Must have experience authoring clinical study reports, protocols, protocol amendments, Investigator’s Brochure. Experience authoring and managing briefing books is a plus.
- Experience in regulatory submissions (clinical study reports) presented to regulatory authorities a plus.
- Strong understanding of federal regulations, Good Clinical Practices, and ICH guidelines a plus
- Project management skills as related to medical writing.
- Ability to manage complex writing projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to edit text for brevity and clarity.
- Ability to understand, interpret and present complex clinical data.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Ability to coordinate multiple documents while effectively managing timelines.
- High degree of independence in decision making and problem solving.
- Understanding of FDA and ICH regulations and guidelines.
- Familiarity with eCTD-compliant templates and with the use of document formatting tools such as ISI writer, Liquent Smart Desk, Acumen Stylus, or other formatting tools.
- Must be an expert with MS Word and have a solid working knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Experience in use of an EDMS such as Documentum, Core Dossier, or Veeva.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.