Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
Outsourcing Manager/ Senior Outsourcing Manager
We’re looking for an Outsourcing Manager or Senior Outsourcing Manager to join the Centralized Contracting and Outsourcing group. This position reports to the Director, Clinical Contracting & Outsourcing and the primary responsibility will be supporting business functions under a centralized contracting model in the management of suppliers/ providers across R&D and G&A contracting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsibilities include all aspects of research and development and general administrative contracting and vendor management. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external team aware of all contract status or pending issues. Establishes strong working relationships with internal departments and project teams, sites, and vendors (including, but not limited to CROs, lab suppliers).
- Accountable for the management of R&D/G&A outsourcing details including RFI, RFP, Work Orders, Changes in Scope, negotiations and approvals.
- Responsible for implementing tools and templates for the maintenance of a consistent outsourcing and contracting process across studies, programs and projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of sufficiently detailed Request for Proposal documents in cooperation with internal clients including an optimal balance between costs, time and quality considerations.
- May supervise outsourcing staff.
- Leads selection teams in selection processes and provides on-going support to functional area business partners during the life of a study, program or project.
- Leads Study Handoff Meetings in collaboration with Finance and Legal.
- Facilitates negotiation and preparation of contracts, budgets, and related documents, including but not limited to CTAs, change orders, scopes of work, material transfer agreements and terms and conditions in support of all R&D/G&A activities. Reviews contracts and budgets for completeness and accuracy and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
- Facilitates and supports contract management tasks with internal and external legal, finance, as well as clinical, CMC, quality, regulatory, translational medicine and other departments, including communicating and explaining contract and budgetary issues.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years for Manager level, 7 years for Sr. Manager level in phase I-IV clinical research, contracts, budgets or related experience that includes working in a team-oriented environment.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the regulatory and business risk for all research and development contracts and budgets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to critically read documents and interpret/draw conclusion from the documents.
- Must have attention to detail and strong negotiation, project management, communication, organizational, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify risk and propose solutions.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to actively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org