Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
MANAGER, CLINICAL SUPPLY CHAIN
We’re looking for a Clinical Supply Chain Manager to join the Clinical Supply Chain team and report to the Director of Inventory Management and Supply Chain.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for drug order request fulfillment and processing on-time IP to clinical sites as required.
- Coordinate and initiate any IP quality investigations and coordinate with Quality Assurance to resolve Investigational Product (IP) related quality issues with clinical sites.
- Lead the Kura team in resolution of Q&A-related IP topics in the field.
- Responsible for maintaining drug supply inventory reports and providing QC to ensure accuracy.
- Provide logistics management support of supplies for clinical studies.
- Supports Director/Associate Director on drug supply delivery timelines with Clinical and CMC; Packaging, Labeling, and Distribution CMO’s.
- Responsible for tracking global clinical supply inventory at the clinical site level for studies using IXRS and communicate discrepancies and solutions.
- Support IMSC as knowledgeable resource for managers throughout the organization on issues related to IP depot management, reconciliation, IVRS interface, and returns & destruction of unused IP.
- Responsible to attend Clinical Supply Chain, CMC, and Department Meetings, as designated.
- Build positive relationships within the company and with external suppliers and distributors.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, RN, or equivalent, preferably in a scientific or pharmaceutical discipline.
- 5+ years of prior experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical supply logistics environment preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of inventory management and forecasting systems and Clinical Trial supply processes.
- Working knowledge of Clinical Trials and the Clinical Trial Supply process.
- Proactively identifying potential issues, develop mitigating actions, and notifying appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Hold a fundamental understanding of ICH guidelines, GCP’s, 21 CFR, and Annex 13 requirements
- General working knowledge of essential computer applications (i.e., MS Word, Advanced Excel Skills, PowerPoint, MS Project) and working knowledge of IVRS systems.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org