ABOUT KURA ONCOLOGY
Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
Kura Oncology is in search of an experienced life sciences attorney to serve as the Company’s principal contracts counsel. In addition to supporting the Company’s growing contracting needs, the Legal Counsel will provide legal guidance and support on a range of other matters, such as corporate governance, securities, FDA regulatory compliance, intellectual property and data privacy. As a part of a small but efficient and well-regarded legal team, the Legal Counsel will have the opportunity to develop expertise in a variety of areas and act as a business partner to colleagues across the organization. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently with minimal instruction, deliver high-quality work products and offer sound legal advice in a fast-paced environment, and appropriately balance risk mitigation with the business needs of the Company.
This position is a newly created position and reports to the Associate General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and providing guidance regarding a wide range of contracts typical for a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, including services, consulting, clinical trial and confidentiality agreements.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and providing guidance regarding materials transfer, sponsored research and collaboration agreements with research and academic institutions and industry partners.
- Collaborating with the Company’s Centralized Contracting & Outsourcing function and Legal Operations Manager to efficiently and effectively process, review, negotiate and approve contracts and to optimize contract processes.
- Refining the Company’s contract templates, guidelines, playbooks and processes to support the efficient review, negotiation and execution of agreements.
- Advising stakeholders on contract interpretation, compliance with laws and regulations, dispute resolution, data privacy requirements, and other legal matters in a manner that provides practical legal advice while appropriately managing risk to the organization.
- Supporting the use, maintenance and continued improvement of the Company’s centralized contract lifecycle management system.
- Reviewing and providing guidance regarding patient informed consent forms, data privacy authorizations and notices, and other clinical trial materials.
- Staying abreast of U.S. and foreign laws, regulations, court decisions and guidance documents applicable to the Company.
- Assisting in the management of outside counsel.
- Law degree and admission to at least one State Bar (required). Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company and/or at a large law firm, with significant exposure to life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology matters.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, related agreements and applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, including FDA laws and regulations, HIPAA, GDPR and ICH GCP.
- Exceptional contract review, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Finesse for clearly and effectively distilling and communicating legal issues and analysis to business partners.
- Capacity to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and process.
- Proven ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Ability to analyze and interpret legal issues and develop and implement appropriately responsive strategies and solutions.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com