||Lead Commercial Analytics & Insights
||March 12, 2020
||San Diego, CA
||Chief Commercial Officer
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Kura Oncology is a global, biopharmaceutical company headquartered in San Diego, CA and Boston, MA that is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of precision medicines to treat patients with cancer. Kura’s lead asset is tipifarnib which has one ongoing registrational study in HRAS mutated head and neck cancer and is preparing for a second registrational study in a subset of PTCL. Both indications have been granted fast track designation by the FDA. Kura also has two other assets in Phase one/two studies: a menin-MLL inhibitor and an ERK inhibitor which are being studied in various solid and liquid tumor types.
The lead for Commercial Analytics & Insights will be the first hire for this function and will be responsible for shaping and hiring this group as the company’s pipeline advances. This role is a key position in the company; the person will serve as a key thought-partner for the Senior Leadership team, adding value through use of data & insights to inform and drive corporate and product level strategy and decisions. The role is designed to oversee data strategy, analytics, forecasting, primary and secondary market research, and competitive intelligence. As the company moves toward its first commercial launch, this role will also lead sales operations – including incentive compensation, targeting, and field reporting.
- Bring data and customer insights into the forefront of corporate and product level strategy & decision making.
- Management, design, and execution of qualitative and quantitative market research and analytics that deliver insights to enable strategic decision making & optimal tactical execution.
- Develop and implement the analytics and research plan to develop the optimal launch strategy and go-to-market tactical plans
- Develop corporate and product level forecasts based on robust assumptions
- KPI development and performance tracking for market development pre-launch and then launch post approval
- Monitor pricing of key analogues/competitors and provide recommendations on pricing strategies.
- Assessment and management of secondary data sources that will be used to support forecasting, sales, marketing and other functions
- Support business development in the creation of valuation models to assess partnering strategy and development/negotiation of term sheets.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor strategies and lead competitive intelligence activities. Provide recommendations on product differentiation strategies.
- Once necessary, conduct and oversee Sales Operations functions such as field force sizing / placement, speaker bureau, fleet, incentive compensation, targeting, segmentation, call plan, field reporting, and CRM.
- Build the IT infrastructure to optimize the data flow and utilization
- Shape the optimal analytics infrastructure & organizational design as the company needs evolve: hire & develop an agile & high performing team
- Present key insights, analyses, and business implications to the senior leadership team and other internal stakeholders
- Minimum 10 years of biopharma marketing analytics experience, experience in oncology and/or rare disease a plus
- Ability to act as both a leader of a team and a strong individual contributor. Experienced people manager.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and identify key insights
- Experience quantitatively and qualitatively analyzing market, marketing, and sales data
- Strong understanding of a wide range of secondary data sources, primary research methodologies and technical data tracking systems
- High attention to detail, diligence and reliability
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly with resource constraints and cope well with uncertainty – able to act with incomplete or imperfect information
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in other small companies building the infrastructure for first product commercialization.
- Oncology/Rare disease product launch experience.
While performing the duties the employee is:
- constantly required to sit, and to reach to use computers and other office equipment
- occasionally stand for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours/time.
- occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- frequently required to communicate with others
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com