||Information Technology Technician, Part-time
||March 5, 2020
||Part-time Employee (30 hours/week)
||San Diego, CA
||Director of IT
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The IT Technician will support our rapidly growing precision medicine company located in San Diego, CA and Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of information technology.
This is an exciting role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will be a confident team member, with prior success in information technology in the pharma industry. The successful candidate will have experience in a wide array of information systems and practices such as mobile applications, databases, cloud applications and storage, data privacy and security in Pharma, and information security. Finally, the successful candidate will be energized by solving new and different challenges and creating solutions within a fast-growing company.
- Assist with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Managing technical documentation
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions
- Audit and test daily network backup operations
- Assist Administrative team with meeting set up and kick-off
- Organize and track IT inventory
- Run reports on usage, network activity and site access
- Assist with Sox Audits and reporting requests
- 3+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience on current network operating systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- Proficient in database programming and software installation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
While performing the duties the employee is:
- constantly required to sit, and to reach to use computers and other office equipment
- occasionally stand for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours/time.
- occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- frequently required to communicate with others
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org