Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
Executive Director/Vice President, Diagnostics
We’re looking for either an Executive Director or Vice President to lead the diagnostics team and report to the Chief Medical Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and coordinate the overarching biomarker and companion diagnostic strategies across programs.
- Provide leadership and expertise to Global Program Teams on appropriate biomarker and diagnostic technologies, evaluating their scientific basis and clinical applicability, validation status and any technical or statistical issues related to the proposed biomarkers and companion diagnostics.
- Oversee the integration of clinical biomarker strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of diagnostic strategies.
- Direct the development, outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable companion diagnostic assays.
- Design, implement and oversee biomarker and diagnostic testing and data analysis.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the design and conduct of clinical studies, including companion diagnostics, clinical correlative sciences, pharmacodynamic biomarker analyses, and biomarker assay development.
- Develop patient selection strategies and assays.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize candidate predictive biomarkers and develop clinical companion diagnostic tests that will transition from early to late phase clinical development.
- Identify and resolve gaps in processes associated with execution of CDx programs
- Highly experienced biomedical leader (PhD or MD/PhD) with a minimum of 10 years of post-doctoral and relevant industry experience with expertise in oncology biomarker and companion diagnostic discovery and development.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and implementing biomarker and/or CDx strategies.
- Demonstrated excellence in independently leading and conducting research and ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific data.
- In depth experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and utilization of innovative biomarkers and companion diagnostics.
- Demonstrated written and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate statistical concepts into layman’s terms.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to understand the broader picture and priorities.
- Must be a dedicated self-starter with a high energy level and ability to achieve results.
- Must have strong communication and leadership skills-the ability to influence and work successfully with colleagues, customers, and corporate partners.
- The candidate should have experience in handling multiple projects at a time.
- Some travel may be required when appropriate.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com