About Kura Oncology
Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
Director / Sr. Director, Analytical Development & Stability
We’re looking for an innovative Director or Senior Director of Analytical and Stability. This position will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all management aspects of Analytical R&D and Stability from lead optimization into clinical development through validation for commercialization.
- Will serve as the senior Kura subject matter expert and lead the analytical research and development/stability study/QC functions with internal and external CRO/CDMOs.
- Provided direction, leadership, and oversight for all analytical methods development and validation, stability and quality control elements at contract research laboratories and manufacturing organizations.
- Guide external third parties to perform analytical activities in support of technology transfer, process development, optimization, qualification, and validation related to Drug Substance and Drug Product manufacturing operations.
- Provide oversight for the transfer of preclinical analytical methods from Research through all clinical phases of development and into QC at commercial manufacturing sites.
- Author and review CMC sections for all regulatory filings (INDs, IMPDs, NDAs, MAAs).
- Provide strategic support and technical documentation for answering regulatory questions during submission reviews and throughout clinical development.
- Responsible for Analytical Development and Stability budget recommendations and management of associated expenses.
- Provide direction and leadership for Analytical Research & Development and Stability staff.
- BS with 15 + yrs., MS with 12+ yrs., or Ph.D. with 10+ yrs. in analytical sciences or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in analytical development and stability.
- Demonstrated experience in QC/QA regulations.
- Familiar with cGMP compliance and ICH guidelines.
- Experience and management of outsourced projects with contractors.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast paced, and capital efficient environment.
- Strong written and communication skills; and an ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers in a dynamic environment.
Kura’s Values that are used for candidate selection and performance assessments:
- We work as one for patients
- We are goal-focused and deliver with excellence
- We are science-driven courageous innovators
- We strive to bring out the best in each other and ourselves
The Kura Package
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.