||Director, Medicinal Chemistry
||August 15, 2019
||San Diego, CA
||Vice President, Translational Science
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Is responsible for setting and meeting goals for medicinal chemistry function.
- Directs and integrates research activities to ensure medicinal chemistry objectives are met.
- Recommends experiments to complete the overall medicinal chemistry research plan of the company.
- Manages external collaborative arrangements and evaluations as required.
- Is responsible ensuring departmental budget in accordance with Kura policy.
- Coordinates the evaluation and review of data, the determination of problem solutions, project priorities and future experiments in multidisciplinary settings.
- Participates in the Kura target selection process.
- Formulates innovative molecular design ideas through SBDD and computer modeling that make significant impacts on the advancement of preclinical drug discovery projects.
- Develops and contributes to company’s intellectual property domain by way of patents and/or publications.
- Acts as a section head or project leader and is responsible for managing activities to ensure timely completion of projects; develops strategies to ensure effective achievement of objectives; recognized internally as authority in broad field of technical expertise.
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional area, project group or technical area; coordinates activities with other groups related to technical or administrative fields; significantly contributes to multidisciplinary, complex projects.
- Manages staff (internal or external) or a functional area.
- Capable of representing multiple dimensions of Company’s business; capable of representing Company’s interests at national/international meetings.
- Utilizes scientific and management-related strategic thinking; decisions will result in critical effect on the Company’s long-term success.
- D. in Chemistry with thesis, publication(s), postdoctoral experience, and minimum 10 years industry experience, OR MS in Chemistry and minimum 14 years of industry experience, OR BS in Chemistry and minimum 17 years of industry experience.
- Track record of leading drug discovery program(s) from hits to clinical candidates.
- Fluent in structure-based drug design methods and applications.
- Track record of accomplishment in medicinal chemistry as evidenced by quality and quantity of
- Internally and externally recognized expert in medicinal chemistry and its applications within at least one therapeutic area.
- Demonstrates independent thought/creativity in science and success in coordinating and executing research to further corporate goals.
- Conveys ideas in an experimentally detailed yet scientifically concise manner.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage productive internal and external team(s).
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer/lab equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org