||Director, Medical Communications
||May 7, 2020
||Full time Employee
||Boston, MA or San Diego, CA
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Kura Oncology is a global, biopharmaceutical company headquartered in San Diego, CA and Boston, MA that is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of precision medicines to treat patients with cancer. Kura’s lead asset is tipifarnib which has one ongoing registrational study in HRAS mutated head and neck cancer and is exploring other indications in HNSCC and other tumor types. Kura is also in phase 1 / 2 studies with early assets, one of which is a potential first in class menin-MLL inhibitor targeted for patients with specific types of leukemias.
The Director of Medical Communications is a key Medical Affairs role that oversees the development and execution of high quality and high impact resources that communicate the science and data for Kura Oncology’s product portfolio. This role, in partnership with clinical development, helps set the strategy and provides comprehensive tactical management of the holistic medical communication plans for therapeutic areas of interest to Kura Oncology (including congresses, publications, core slide decks, and CME). This role will also lead the development of the medical information infrastructure in preparation for the potential launch of new products.
The Director of Medical Communications will work closely with other medical affairs and clinical development team members as well as other cross-functional team members, KOLs, and the Senior Leadership Team in planning and implementation of accurate, timely, balanced medical information deliverables.
The role will report to the head of Medical Affairs.
• Monitor and analyze medical insights, literature, and inquiries to inform development of the scientific and medical resources needed.
• Lead and manage the development of the publication plan, including presence at both national and regional congresses. Ensure that all plans and priorities are aligned with overall Medical strategy.
• Lead and manage the development and execution of the medical education plan.
• Oversee and drive the execution of medical content including publications, abstracts, posters, and presentations. Manage external agencies / writers as necessary.
• Develop medical information infrastructure including drafting of medical response letters and setting up an appropriate call center as we approach launch.
• Establish strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including clinical development, medical affairs, and external authors and collaborators.
• Ensure development of all external facing medical content complies with the internal and external policies and SOPs.
• Provide regular updates to the organization on status of the publication plan.
• Manage budgets and vendors/medical agencies assisting with medical content execution.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Five years medical information or medical communications experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry, preferably in oncology.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to understand and effectively communicate complex scientific and clinical data to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, think critically, and adhere to deadlines.
4. Successful track record of implementation of medical information programs. Highly detail-oriented in the development and review of medical information response documents.
5. Excellent partnership with consultants, collaborators, authors, and vendors.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of applicable guidelines including ICMJE, ACCME, and GPP.
7. Advanced scientific degree preferred (RN, PhD, MD).
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org