Description: Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Kura Oncology was founded in 2014 and has offices in La Jolla, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Contracts and Budget Manager – San Diego, CA
Responsibilities include all aspects of companywide contracting and vendor management. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external team aware of all contract status or pending issues. Establishes strong working relationships with internal departments and project teams, sites, vendors and CROs. Reviews vendor and site invoices to ensure they align with the terms as outlined within the contractual agreement. Performs administrative functions.
- Provide contracting services across all company functions.
- Facilitates and assists with negotiation and preparation of contracts, budgets, and related documents in support of all Company-sponsored activities. Reviews contracts and budgets for completeness and accuracy and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
- Facilitates and supports contract management tasks with internal and external legal, finance, as well as clinical and other departments, including communicating and explaining contract and budgetary issues
- In consultation with legal, proposes alternative contract and/or budget terms acceptable to the Company when vendor / site and Company terms and conditions differ
- Anticipates risk/benefit issues, assists with remedial action plans, and troubleshoots to resolve any concerns.
- Works with Contract and/or Budget Managers or other staff with active project management of ongoing contract and budget issues; performs follow-up on all outstanding contract and budget issues.
- Assists legal in generating amended documents as necessary and preparing contract management documentation for projects.
- Assist legal with development of vendor and consultant contract scope and payment terms
- Assist Finance in projecting and tracking trial and project accruals
- Provides information to Senior Management on vendor performance issues
- Streamlining the contract/proposal or internal processes by working with different functions to determine an effective and efficient workflow; initiates and introduces creative ideas and solutions.
- Serves as communication liaison between vendor and site contracts staff and internal and external customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps internal and external teams aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned, including support to other start-up functions as required. Minimal travel may be required (up to 10%).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years in clinical research, contracts, budgets or related experience that includes working in a team-oriented environment
- Possesses a working knowledge of the regulatory and business risk for all contracts and budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to critically read documents and interpret/draw conclusion from the documents
- Must have attention to detail and strong negotiation, project management, communication, organizational, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to actively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
San Diego, CA.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org