The Chief Human Resources Officer or Senior Vice-President, Human Resources will be responsible for proactively guiding all aspects of the leadership and human resource functions at Kura Oncology. The successful candidate will operate as part of the executive team to provide leadership and execution in HR strategy, programs, policies and practices to support the Kura Oncology’s business plans and objectives. The candidate will provide expert level knowledge in leadership, organizational development and employee relations including talent development, performance management, compensation, benefit design and the employment process. The candidate will lead the corporate facility and information technology functions. Key to success in this role will be developing an understanding of Kura Oncology’s business, growth strategy, culture and the evolution of the company and translating that knowledge into practical HR solutions that position the organization for success. The position shall report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, works closely with senior management and functional leaders to determine, develop and execute leadership and human resource strategies that support overall business strategies.
- Works as part of the business to improve business performance through challenging and optimizing current organizational structures and practices and making recommendations to meet the needs of the business.
- Partners with business leaders to identify the need for change, then play an active management role in driving business change.
- Acts as the conduit for “people” issues, ensuring business leaders and managers have an awareness of organizational capability and that people are always on the agenda so that people implications of any business decision are duly considered.
- Provides strategic direction of the human resource programs including talent development, workforce planning, recruitment/retention, employee services/relations, performance management, communication, regulatory compliance, metrics/measurements and associated technology.
- Oversees and directs activities in other administrative areas including Information Technology, Non-Clinical Operations and Facilities.
- Introduces “best practices” to Kura Oncology in all areas of leadership, performance management and human resources.
- Develops staffing strategies and implements plans and programs to identify talent for the company’s open positions. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning of new programs and strategies and regulatory actions on the attraction, motivation, development, and retention of the people resources of the company.
- Directs the continual assessment and competitiveness of all programs and market practices relevant to comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Prepares Board of Director’s Compensation Committee materials, attends Compensation Committee meetings, and leads management’s interactions with compensation consultants and advisors. Prepares compensation disclosure materials for Proxy Statement.
- Guides the planning, implementation and administration of benefit programs; assists with the evaluation of services, coverage and options available through insurance and investment companies to determine programs that meet the needs of the organization and support the competitiveness of Kura Oncology in the marketplace.
- Directs the introduction and implementation of policies and procedures for the effective management of employees and to improve the overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Assures current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Develops progressive compensation programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Provides leadership and consulting support to company executives and management on matters of goal setting, policy development, and strategic implementation in support of achieving the company’s objectives.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Builds organizational bench strength by implementing a business wide training program to ensure commitment to talent development and management.
- Establishes and maintains networking relationships through activity involvement and participation in human resource and industry groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-15 years senior level experience in the leadership and/or human resource profession including interactions with Boards of Directors and interfacing with executive management. Preference for advanced degree.
- Knowledge of current best practices within the human resource profession and departments.
- Knowledge of the trends and methods for attracting and retaining employees specifically in the biotech, pharmaceutical or other related industries.
- Ability to provide senior management content-expert knowledge in the key areas of human resources including workforce planning, strategic recruitment, legal and regulatory compliance, compensation, benefits and performance management.
- Ability to recognize and design/implement innovative human resource programs in various identified areas within the function.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal, state and local employment-related regulations and compliance mandates. Previous experience with multi-site organizations and public life-sciences company.
- Proven ability to build relationships and partner across functional lines. Strong project management skills and the ability to drive processes and projects to completion. High degree of flexibility, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent customer skills.
- Experience and knowledge in solving complex problems and creating innovative compensation programs including market analysis, cost benefit, justifications, compression issues, bonus programs, retention solutions, leveling, position comparisons. Ability to create bonus incentive programs and participate in determining equity/stock levels and criteria.
- Strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Strong planning, influencing and communication skills. Strong leadership and strategic skills, as well as business acumen especially focused in the biotech, pharmaceutical or other related industries.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com