ABOUT KURA ONCOLOGY
Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
We’re looking for a Buyer to support the Centralized Contracts and Outsourcing team and report to the Director, Centralized Contracts and Outsourcing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes purchase requisitions in a timely manner ensuring quality, service, quantity, delivery and cost in accordance with functional objectives and sourcing processes
- Processes orders through internal ordering system supporting R&D and G&A departments
- Responsible for supplier enablement within Coupa, working closely with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborating with internal and external resources to resolve PO questions and issues
- Responsible for other purchasing related activities as required
- Completes the entire Procure to Pay cycle by working closely with end user and accounts payable department to resolve invoicing issues
- Ensures all activities performed are in compliance with corporate and department policies
- Monitors and distributes reports
- Updates, closes and reopens purchase orders as needed
- Participates in department continuous improvement efforts
- Compiles, records and tracks vendor information, purchasing activities and pricing data
- Travel may be required (up to 30%)
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the Life Sciences
- Possesses a working knowledge for Research and Development and CMC contracts and budgets
- Coupa or similar ERP system knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to critically read documents and interpret/draw conclusion from the documents
- Must have attention to detail and strong negotiation, project management, communication, organizational, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify risk and propose solutions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to actively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement/ development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org