||January 15, 2020
||Full time Employee
||San Diego, CA
|MANAGERIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform semi-monthly payroll, including multi-state, new hires, terminations and LOA
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll journal entries and reconciliation
- Process 401k and safe harbor contributions through Fidelity and prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for ESPP, 401k, PTO, and bonus accounts
- Comply with federal, state, and local payroll requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Prepare monthly journal entries, including but not limited to accrued R&D contracts, accrued clinical trial expenses.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and analysis for variance accounts
- Respond to internal/external inquiries
- Support financial reviews and audits – gather information and prepare schedules as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SOX and company policies and procedures
- Proactively recognize, investigate and act to resolve discrepancies; utilize critical thinking to ensure accurate data and quality processing.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned, to support the Controller
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience; a professional certification in Accounting is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant accounting experience, preferably in a combination of the following: Accounts Payable, general accounting, contract accruals, and accounting for clinical trials
- Experience working in publicly traded company and life science industry preferred;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control principles for a public corporation;
- ERP experience required; experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Dynamics, Management Reporter and Concur Expense and Invoice preferred;
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills;
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to independently to organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, upper management, and external customers while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality; and
- Ability to work in team environment and willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives.
While performing the duties the employee is:
- constantly required to sit, and to reach to use computers and other office equipment
- occasionally stand for extended periods of time, up to four (4) hours/time.
- occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- constantly required to view objects at close and distant ranges
- frequently required to communicate with others
Note: For the purpose of this summary, occasionally is used to represent up to 1/3 of the time given to the work day, frequently represents 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and constantly represents 2/3 or more of the time.
Employee frequently works in a professional office environment and lab with lots of computer/lab equipment, tools, and moderate amounts of noise and activity. Employee may occasionally be required to travel. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. Off-shift, weekend and overtime duties may be required as assigned by the manager.
Kura Oncology offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com