Are you ready to join a team committed to making a meaningful impact on cancer treatment through the discovery and development of precision medicines? At Kura Oncology, you have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger, with a lasting impact that you can be proud of.
At Kura Oncology, we are working to change the paradigm and improve the science of cancer treatment. As an organization, we strive to cultivate a diverse and talented professional culture driven to develop precision medicine therapeutics.
As we continue to build a leading biotech organization with a strong culture, a patient-focused mindset, and a team focused on relentless execution, we are looking for innovative, passionate professionals to join us and make our vision a reality.
To succeed at Kura, you will need to have a demonstrated ability for excellence in drug discovery and development and a roll-up your sleeves attitude. The ideal candidate will possess a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions, and actions.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing team. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly closing processes for R&D contracts, clinical trials, prepaids, investments, debt and other assets and liabilities, including preparing or reviewing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Lead monthly meetings with project managers to obtain and review accrual information for financial close.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various prepaid, R&D and clinical accruals.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and associated journal entries for various accounts.
- Prepare monthly trial balances and assist with monthly and quarterly variance analyses.
- Support financial and SOX reviews and audits – gather information and prepare schedules as needed.
- Perform accounts payable invoice review and backup for accounts payable functions.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SOX and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with implementations of accounting systems
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned, to support the Finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience; a professional certification in Accounting is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant accounting experience, preferably in a combination of the following: Accounts Payable, general accounting, contract accruals, and accounting for clinical trials
- Experience working in publicly traded company and life science industry preferred;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control principles for a public corporation;
- ERP experience required; experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Dynamics, Management Reporter, Coupa and Concur preferred;
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced Excel skills;
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to independently to organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, upper management, and external customers while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality; and
- Ability to work in team environment and willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives.
THE KURA PACKAGE
- Career advancement / development opportunities
- Competitive comp package
- 401K + Employer contributions
- Generous stock options
- ESPP Plan
- 20 days of PTO to start
- 14 Holidays + 3 Floater Holidays (Including Winter Break), Summer Hours
- Generous Benefits Package with a variety of plans available with a substantial employer match
- Paid Paternity/Maternity Leave
- In-Office Catered lunches
- Home Office Setup
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- Commuter Stipend (Boston Office)
- Regular employee social activities, including happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, Kura Koffee Talks, and much more!
Kura Oncology is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing personalized therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors and blood cancers. The company’s diverse pipeline consists of small molecules that target cancer signaling pathways where there is a strong scientific and clinical rationale to improve outcomes by identifying those patients most likely to benefit from treatment. Kura Oncology’s approach to drug development is focused on rapidly translating novel science into life-saving medicines. Our goal is to help patients with cancer lead better, longer lives. Kura Oncology has offices in San Diego, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
Kura’s pipeline consists of Tipifarnib and KO-539. Tipifarnib is a farnesyl transferase inhibitor that recently received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) for the treatment of patients with certain head and neck cancers that carry HRAS mutations. Tipifarnib will also be evaluated in combination with an inhibitor of PI3Kalpha to treat between 20-50% of patients with HNSCC, the 7th largest cancer worldwide. KO-539 is an inhibitor of the menin/MLL interaction, which is are critically important for survival, growth, and proliferation leukemic blasts. Kura recently presented preliminary clinical data for KO-539 at the 2020 American Society of Hematology (ASH) meeting that demonstrated that it demonstrates favorable safety and tolerability and compelling evidence of activity in genetically defined AML patients.
Kura Oncology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com